So according to what I’ve read, you should have your hospital bag packed and ready to go when you’re 35 weeks–ya know, just in case! After reading a bunch of other people’s lists and talking to friends, I came up with a list that suits my needs and I figured I’d share it with you! This is something I’ve never gone through, so I don’t know if I’ll use everything in my bag, but I’d still rather have it with me just in case. Everyone’s different, and some blogs I’ve read, people didn’t bring half the stuff I’m going to, while others brought way more. It looks a lot more than it actually is–a lot of the stuff are small, and won’t take up too much room. Take a look, and you can get some ideas for what will fit your needs when the time has come! 🙂
1. Camera, charger, and extra memory card
2. Comfortable and BAGGY pjs (you’re going to have some major pads up in there so no tight fitting clothes at least the first 2 days!) I got these ones from Target!
3. iPad/earphones (or iPod–I just don’t have one)
5. Robe (my sister got this one from Target for me 🙂 )
6. Hard Candies (the preggie pops don’t have crap in them, so I’ll bring those)
7. Skid free socks (your hospital may provide these-check!)
8. Flip flops for the shower
9. Obviously not necessary–but for fun, some non-alcoholic champagne to celebrate! The brand Fre is acceptable for pregnancy (and nursing mommas)
10. Nipple butter (I plan on using coconut oil, but since it turns liquid really easily, I opted for some solid butter for when I’m out and about)
11. Cash/change for vending machines
12. Mints (you’re going to have people all up in your face, make sure your breath is fresh!)
14. Disposable nursing pads (I plan on using reusable, but I have a pack of the disposables for when I won’t be able to wash them) Your hospital may provide these so check!
15. Hair ties/bandana (I use a bandana to tame those frizzies so I don’t look like a hot mess!)
16. Toothbrush/toothpaste (one for the daddy too!)
17. Make-up (by no means do I wear a lot of make-up, but I do plan on packing oil blotting sheets, concealer, an eyelash curler, mascara, and some blush just so I look decent. I don’t need to have a full face of make-up after I give birth!)
18. Body wash and a loofah
19. Shower cap
20. Baby book/journal
21. Towel (I hear hospital towels are the worst!)
22. Nursing bras (I have two by Jessica Simpson that I LOVE)
23. Dry shampoo (my hair looks better the less I wash it, so dry shampoo is my BFF)
24. I’m on thyroid medication, so I’ll be bringing that
25. Boppy pillow with an extra cover
26. Going home clothes (aka the clothes I came in with, since I’ll still have a belly!)
27. Granny panties (I hear these are good if you have a c-section, because regular panties can lay on the incision, so even if you’re not planning on a c-section these would be a good thing to pack just in case!)
29. Prenatals (still have to take them!)
30. Chocolate for the nurses (I read on a few blogs of people doing this, and I think it’s a great idea and they’ll appreciate it!)
31. (I forgot to number!) Depends…..I know…..I saw them on so many blogs though! I don’t know from experience, but they definitely seem better than the ones that the hospital provides. My sister, as a joke (kinda) got my Target’s brand of them. I’m pretty sure I’ll only need them for the first day and probably second, so I’ll probably just pack enough for that.
32. Don’t know how I forgot about this one—deodorant!!! That’s definitely something you don’t want to forget!
Now, for some things that aren’t on the list….
1. I live less than 10 minutes from the hospital I’ll be delivering at, so I’m going to lay out some clothes to leave at home for my husband to pick up IF necessary. You never know how long you’ll be at the hospital for, God forbid something happens that you’ll need to stay longer, you don’t want to wear the same clothes day after day. I also know that my husband would pick out something awful so I’ll do the picking out and he can do the picking up.
2. A bag in the car, for anything you may get from the hospital or friends/family.
3. This ones a big DUH, but I’m still putting it on here….car seat! Make sure you have one!
4. Envelopes/address list for baby announcements to write out if you have time/feel like it
5. Blanket/pillows for daddy (though most likely your hospital will provide)
6. ID, insurance card, hospital paperwork, birth plan
7. I’ll be making my own hospital gown (of courseeee), so I’ll be bringing that along with me as well 🙂
8. A friend of mine suggested bathing suit bottoms for daddy to help with showering! Didn’t even think of that but smart, and definitely packing a pair!
Now onto baby! I’ll be bringing a diaper bag filled with just a few things. I know the hospital will provide a lot of stuff, but I like to use more natural products, so I’d rather bring my own.
2. Receiving blanket
3. Vaseline (though I’m sure the hospital will provide this—I’m getting Bee circumcised, and Vaseline is what I’ll be using to put on the area afterwards)
4. A few onesies (in a 3 month span–don’t know how big Bee will be!)
5. Shea Moisture baby wash
6. Coming home outfit (yes, that’s the actual outfit he’ll be coming home in 🙂 )
7. Chemical free wipes
So yeah, I know that sounds like an insane amount of stuff, but seriously, a lot of it are small things that won’t take up too much room! Hope you found my list to be helpful 🙂
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook!! Check it out if you want to see updates on what I’m working on, or whether or not I’ll post that day!
**Have a project you made using one of my tutorials? Show it off! I, along with all my followers, would love to see it! I have a page on my blog called “Your Pictures!”, located right next to the “About This Blog!” link at the top of my blog. check it out for more information, and to see other fan pics!**