To continue on with the fall theme I’ve got goin on here at diary of a mad crafter, today I present you with a scrumpdittilyocious pumpkin and cream parfait! I made these for a party, hence the little shot glasses. Everyone absolutely loveddd these! The recipe is pretty simple, and you’ll want to eat it all in one sitting!
Pumpkin & Cream Parfait:
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (I used homemade, but canned will work as well)
- 1/2 cup canned coconut
- 1/2 cup agave
- 12.3 oz extra firm silken tofu (I know that’s a random measurement, but I use Mori- Nu brand, and that’s their measurement!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (homemade!)
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice (I used Trader Joes)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (I found the pumpkin spice I used didn’t have enough cinnamon *If you like your spice blend, just add 1/2 teaspoon and omit the 1/4 tea. cinnamon)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Coconut whipped cream
- Graham crackers (I used gluten free!)
To make the pumpkin cream, blend everything but the coconut oil. Once everything is thoroughly blended, slowly add your coconut oil. If you can add it while your blender is going to emulsify, even better. Put the cream in a tupperware and stick in the fridge for an hour or so to set up.
For the coconut cream, I used the same recipe as I did in my easy peasy strawberry parfait post. You may want to double it to get equal parts of pumpkin cream to coconut cream.
To make it easier to get the creams into the serving glasses, I put a zip lock bag in a cup, and scoop the cream into them. I then cut the tips of the zip lock bags off to squeeze the creams out neatly.
Break up your graham crackers. I did this by putting them into a zip lock bag and rolling over them with a heavy rolling pin. To assemble the parfait, I started with the pumpkin cream, the graham crackers, the coconut cream, and the graham crackers again. I repeated this until it reached the top. Then, I sprinkled a little of the crushed graham crackers on top to finish them off 🙂
Aren’t they so cute?!
P.S Remember my gift box post?! Well check it out, I made my friend a necklace and sent it to her in one of my handmade boxes 🙂
**Have a project you made using one of my tutorials? Show it off! I, along with all my followers, would love to see it! 🙂 I’ve started a new page on my blog called “Your Pictures!”, located right next to the “About This Blog!” link at the top of my blog. Check it out for more information, and to see other fan pics!**