Ahhh fall….I love it! I love the colors, the scents, the feelings, and the flavors….especially the flavors. Yesterday I made some homemade pumpkin puree, and this morning I used some of it to make these delicious pumpkin muffins! I got the recipe HERE, but tweaked it just a little bit. I also made my own cinnamon butter (or really Earth Balance!) to go along with it. YUM.
Pumpkin Muffins: Adapted from Kathy of The Lunchbox Bunch (Yields 12 muffins)
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar (plus extra for sprinkling on top!)
- 1 1/4 cups homemade pumpkin puree (or canned)
- 1/4 cup milk (I used soy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used my homemade vanilla as today marks the 6 months that it’s been sitting and “brewing!!”)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1 “flax egg” (whisk together: 1/4 cup water + 1 tsp flax seeds, let sit for 2 minutes before adding to the wet mixture) (This is different than my flax egg, but I didn’t want to mess with it too much, so I used what she suggested, and they came out great!)
- 1/3 cup apple sauce (I used my homemade applesauce!)
- 3 tablespoon virgin coconut oil, melted (optional, *I didn’t use it, as my pumpkin puree was on the wet side, but if you use canned, I’d add this!*)
Add your dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet in a smaller one, and combine the two. Scoop out the batter into a lined cupcake pan (almost filling to the top), sprinkle each one with some more sugar, and bake at 350F for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry.
Check out this gorgeous muffin!!!
- Earth Balance (or real butter) softened at room temperature
- Cinnamon (the amount of cinnamon you want to put in the butter is entirely up to you, but remember, the muffins contain cinnamon as well, so I wouldn’t over do it!)
Whip in the cinnamon, and chill until a bit thicker.
**Have a project you made using one of my tutorials? Show it off! I, along with all my followers, would love to see it! 🙂 I’ve started a new page on my blog called “Your Pictures!”, located right next to the “About This Blog!” link at the top of my blog. Check it out for more information, and to see other fan pics!**
And you can say this,having tried them first hand!
looks amazing! esp the texture looks perfect!
It was! I was surprised too because I switched up the flours….I need to make these again, they were gone by the next morning lol
when i make banana muffins they tend to “disappear” in minutes so yesterday i had to be quick to freeze them. I reckon the no-bake chocolate peanut butter oatmeal balls in the fridge helped me stay off the muffins haha
Hahah ooooh both those sound delicious!! You have recipes?!
yes i have recipes…. somewhere in my head! no kidding i make them so often i just throw this and that in a bowl 😉 lol
Haha that’s how I am with some recipes!
will make this as soon as my pumpkin ripens up (still a tad green ).