Remember when I went peach picking a few weeks ago? Well I had gotten so many peaches (using the last of them today for peach cobbler!) and had to think of some stuff to make with them. So I looked around online and found some delicious sounding recipes, and the other morning, I whipped up a batch of peach muffins. They were DEELISH!
Peach Crumble Muffins: (Recipe adapted from Nancy Creative)
- 3/4 cups oil (I’ve used coconut, sunflower and canola oil—they all worked well)
- 3 tablespoons ground flax, with 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons water mixed together until gooey (that’s 3 flax eggs!)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup agave (or 1/2 cup honey + 1/2 cup agave would probably be delish!)
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh peaches, peeled or unpeeled–whatever your preference is (cut them especially small if you’re making mini muffins!)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, well-packed
- 1/3 cup unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
Next, get your wet ingredients together, and your dry. Remember my very first post where my friend Tracy and I made Vanilla extract? Well that’s what I used! Mix your dry into wet until almost incorporated, then add your peaches and mix until it all just comes together. Don’t over-mix, or you’ll get dense and chewy muffins. The batter is really thick, so don’t think you left out a wet ingredient after mixing!
Now for the crumble, put everything *except the coconut oil* into a bowl and mix together. Then, slowly drizzle the coconut oil in until the crumble holds together when you squeeze, but breaks apart when dropped. It will be similar in texture to wet sand (with some oats and pecans in it lol) crumble about 2 tablespoons onto each muffin (or more, or less depending on your preference). Fill up the cupcake papers 3/4 of the way full and for small mini cupcakes, bake – 10 minutes, regular sized cupcakes – 20 minutes, large cupcakes – 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean!
**Have a project you made using one of my tutorials? Show it off! I, along with all my followers, would love to see it! 🙂 I’ve started a new page on my blog called “Your Pictures!”, located right next to the “About This Blog!” link at the top of my blog. Check it out for more information, and to see other fan pics!**